Saturday, September 13, 2008

Relief Society Board Leadership Meeting

Today has been so busy with getting ready for my RS Lesson, laundry, some grocery shopping etc. Ladies you now what I mean. Well I had a RS Board Meeting tonight. It was bring a salad to share with 20 sisters. I was so tired and so not in the mood for a meeting. However I have been called to the RS Board and needed to go. I got ready, got my salad tray ready and went and picked up mom. She too is on the board as Compassionate Service Leader. She got in the car she too was tired from there High Priest dinner last night that her and dad where in charge of. I thought before I pick her up I would have a little prayer to get me in a better frame of mind. I did that, got in the car put on some quite Christmas Music and drove to the church. We got there and the spirit was so strong. It told me this is where I needed to be. I could feel this overwhelming feeling leave me. The spirit told me that all would be fine. My lesson would be fine and I would be able to get the lesson out the way it should be. By the spirit. One of the questions that was brought up in our meeting was "Do we inquire of the lord, regarding our callings to stay on track?" Prayer really works. This was proven to me tonight.

Well I took a picture of moms and my salads. Mom brought an awesome green salad. It was fantastic with a homemade poppy seed dressing. She always does a good salad. I had help from the store. Chicken salad and a really good Marconi and cheese salad. I will admit, when I need help with something quick that I can not make, the store deli comes in handy. Again the evening turned out great and I am feeling good.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Isn't that always how it goes? The adversary will do all he can to discourage us from being/doing what we should, and then when we are obedient, we get the blessing! Thanks for sharing.

gwen and bob said...

It never fails....I bet you are so glad you chose obedience! Great testimony!