Sunday, September 7, 2008

Birthday Celebration for DAD!


Happy "77th" birthday dad!! You look great.

Last night mom had a little get together for Dad for his 77th birthday. He requested a Sunday Roast Beef dinner with all the trimmings. In our family for your birthday, you get to choose your favorite dinner and favorite cake for the celebration. We had lots fun. Craig, I, Gwen, Bob, Kristin, Clint, Keifer, Josh where for the big dinner. There was so much food left over we could not believe it. It was soooo good. Mom is still a great good. Roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, yummy cooked carrots, salad, homemade rolls, with homemade pressures. Raspberry, peach, and strawberry. Oh sooo good. Mom has not lost her touch. The table looked fantastic with all the fall colors and candlelight. Dad had a great time as did we all. Happy Birthday dad. You are so awesome. Thank you for always being there when I need to talk. You have a good listening ear. I love you.

Went to church today. I was good as always. Keeps me centered and ready for the week ahead.

Joshua came over for dinner and to watch football with Uncle Craig today. He requested Pork chop dinner which is one of his favorite. So Auntie complied. He will be picking up Meredith this evening from her job in CA that she has been for the past week. If I do say so myself the dinner did come out rather deli sh. Mom and dad came for dinner too. Mom walked in with a homemade peach pie!!! Oh my. I couldn't. And I did not indulge. Josh and the guys have finished it off. Good.


Well that is my post to today. I will try and download my pictures.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You are getting so good at posting. and look at how fun your blog looks! Great job. Keep it coming, and I'll keep reading!

Kristin said...

Hey, what about my cucumber salad??? It's gone now too. It was a fun night, wasn't it?!?!? I saw Cindy's comment on your mom's blog about her music, but I don't think she got "it"!!!

Sigie said...

Thank you for coming and helping me celebrate my birthday with the rest of the crew, and for the sweet tribute. It was a fun night with all of you here, the Vinson's, the Evan's and Josh. Wished the rest of the family could have been here to celebrae with us.

Love Dad