Friday, November 7, 2008

"Making a Memory"

Today while I was at the grocery store and saw this package of gum. This gum always reminds me of my late Grandpa Davis. (my fathers, father) He always had this gum in his shirt pocket and his breath always smelled good! So I bought a pack, got in the car opened it up, could smell the "Doublement" smell, put a piece in my mouth and was taken back to some very sweet memories of my Grandpa Davis. He was so sweet and so kind to us grandchildren. I will always remember him with this "Doublement Gum" in his shirt pocket. I can still see it today. I miss him.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I always sing that doublemint song to my hubby he's a twin. Remember that commercial with the twin girls? Yes nothing better than clean smelling breath.

Cindy said...

Oh, does that remind me of the very same thing every time I see it. Daddo always loved that gum. I remember being at church with him and driving in the car with him and he always offered a piece.