Thursday, November 27, 2008

"Happy Thanksgiving Everyone"

Sorry I have not posted for a while. Been sick still and lost my job. Oh the economy! Anyway I am alive. I have the Turkey in the oven, stuffing done, yams done, table set. Looks good. We have had lots of rain and it adds so much for the festivities. I love it. I am missing my family. I can not say anymore or I will start to break down. Kristin and Clint and Jeane Natalies sister in law will be coming for dinner. It will be nice to have them here. Football, Football and more Football! That is what Craig is doing right now. Watching Football. Yesterday after I was coming home from taking Josh and Merideth to the airport, it stoped raining for a few mins, and I looked out the car window and there it was 2 outstanding rainbows!!! I was so touched to see them. So clear, bright and colorful I almost had to pull over to just stop and look. It was so intense. I am so thankful for rainbows and the promise that comes with it. I am so thankful for the rain we have had the past 2 days. I am thankful for my family. No words can discribe my love for them. They have touched my life in so many ways. There constant example and counsel I get from them, there is no price. I have no idea what I would do without them. The give me peace and comfort everyday of my life. I am thankful for all of my extended family who have been there for me as well. My parents who give me space and counsel and support when they see I need something. I love you all very much and am so thankful that you are all in my life. Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm missing my family today as well. Especially my mom. I think we all need to plan on one big holiday with everyone just like at mamos. Those were the best. I'm happy you and Kristin get to spend the day together. Love You guys. Have a happy day.

Linda Lu said...

I talked with Mom yesterday morning, she sounded great and just like old times, we laughed, you should have heard her trying to tell me how to make my gravy! Oh, I was so confused. Hope you had a nice day! I am thankful for my extended family as well! THANK YOU!!! Thanksgiving is just not the same without you! Yesterday it was just the four of us and Sarah only ate Mashed Potatoes and Hunter Sauce (thank you Josh for the Hunter Sauce idea), she at least has a gravy for those 10 lbs. of potatoes and 8 Pumpkin pies my family eats for Thanksgiving (yes, I said 8,I made 6 on Tuesday, and by Thursday morning there was only l left, so I popped open the can of Pumpkin and made another 2)!

Love you!

Cindy said...

We are MISSING you terribly!

gwen and bob said...

happy Birthday, my dear!!! crazy sunday, talk to you tomorrow!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Lisa. Hope it was a great one.