Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference

Wow. Conference was great! Loved Bro. Oaks talk on the proper Sacrament Meeting, how to prepare, how to even dress. Can't wait to get the Ensign to read his talk. So many awesome things where taught. 5 new Temples Yea! I love the Temple. Second session with the primary children singing. So sweet and tender. Than after second session watch the movie "Other Side of Heaven." Oh my, I was so touched by that movie. I am going to buy it. I did not know it was based on a true story. Well need to run, Spoken Word is on and than conference. I am making hash brown quiche Cindy's recipe! Thanks Cindy it is the best quiche ever!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am totally surprised that you didn't know that. Did you know that Uncle Bob was on the boat with Elder Groeberg on his way over, for quite a while? I can't remember where they parted ways, but Uncle Bob has shared the story with me once or twice. Pretty cool!

Lisa Tucker said...

Thanks for the info Jen. I really did not know. Now I had no idea Uncle Bob was on boat with him. What a great story.

Leslie said...

I too loved Bro. Oaks talk. And how wonderful to have five new temples to go too. I guess it's time I'd better get it together so I can go.

Lisa Tucker said...

And when you go we will all be there for you. It will be beautiful day! I am so glad that I made the decsion to go. I am so much more happier. Everything is much more clearer.

gwen and bob said...

Lisa, It was awesome.....we just missed hanging with you guys. Utah has been beautiful. apparently I need the quiche recipe.

duffydominion said...

"Other Side Of Heaven" is ok, but it's not Johnny Lingo...

Cindy said...

Get posting, girl! Missing you--

gwen and bob said...

What makes "The other Side of Heaven" so great it that it's true. It's quite a love story and what a tough mission. I met his granddaughter on a flight from SLC one day. She sat next me and told me she had just attended the premier of her grandpa's movie. It was cute.

Natalie said...

Auntie I love your blog. I saw it weeks ago but am commenting now. It is so cute and I love the music.

Linda Lu said...

I need the quiche recipe! I'm hungry for new recipes! Luv ya!

Trevor and Lauren said...

Auntie Lisa,
I love the background of your blog!! Did I tell you that yet? It looks great! So Fall!! Hope all is wonderful! Much love